A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jul 22, 2011

Table Make-Over with Homemade Mod Podge...

Yesterday I showed you the beginning of a quick project.   
This table was a 'freebie' that I found along the road.  
I had painted it a while ago - but it looked pretty plain.   
With some decoupaged old sheet music on top - 
it rises to a new level (I hope).
planning the lay-out


Finished the whole piece with a coat of poly.

The song "Others" by C. D. Meigs has such beautiful lyrics.  
The first couple of verses:

Lord help me live from day to day
In such a self-forgetful way
That even when I kneel to pray
My prayer shall be for – Others.


Help me in all the work I do
To ever be sincere and true
And know that all I do for you
Must needs be done for – Others.

I used homemade Mod Podge in this project - 
3 parts Elmer's (or similar) glue; 1 part water. 


Check out these Friday Parties I'm joining:
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Frugral Friday
Show and Tell Friday

6 comments:

Mary @ Redo 101 said...

You've inspired me - I have a little white table in my foyer that needs ... something, I didn't know what. Since I'm a piano player (quasi, you know, we do our best :) I'd love to ModPodge some vintage sheet music to the top - thanks for sharing this great idea!

Hugs,
Mary

Donna, The Decorated House said...

The sheet music adds so much to your little table!
And you made something for free and saved it from being tossed out.. how wonderful.

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

It looks lovely...love the addition of the sheet music and the song you chose. Great reminder...chat soon, Laurel

michelle said...

That is beautiful Joyce, I love sheet music and this is a great way to see such beautiful music all the time.
Enjoy your day!
hugs!
xoxo

Amanda said...

Sweet! I love how you layered the different sheets! I use a lot of hymnal music in my furniture makeovers and I love the peacefulness it adds!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh, I love this, great job, thanks so much for linking up with VIF, xo Debra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...